ADHD & ADD
- careless mistakes
- difficulty sustaining attention
- no follow through on tasks
- poor organization
- loses things needed for tasks
- distracted by extraneous stimuli
- forgetful in daily activities
- fidgety or squirmy
- leaves seat often
- runs or climbs excessively in inappropriate situations
- on the go or as if driven by a motor
- talks excessively
- difficulty waiting turn
- interrupts or intrudes on others
To accurately determine the presence of this disorder, one of our psychologists will conduct the appropriate assessment and evaluation and provide you with the appropriate treatment recommendations. Various treatment options and assistance are available including behavior modification programs, individual and family counseling, accommodations in the classroom, and medication if necessary.
David Sandrow, Ph.D., Psychologist, Director of Testing, works hard to provide accurate assessment and appropriate treatment recommendations so that you or your child will receive the important assistance he or she needs to succeed. Psychological testing and assessment are often the beginning stages of determining what is at the core of one’s problems. The process can help expedite what have been long-term and unanswered questions and lead to productive changes.
For individuals that are students, educational testing can be a powerful mechanism to assist in leveling the playing field with certain accommodations being afforded:
- Extended time on tests (e.g., FCAT, SAT, ACT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.)
- Distraction free environment for tests
- Use of a calculator
- Use of a word processer for writing
- Substitution or waived courses
This assistance can extend into college and graduate school and help make the difference in following through on one’s academic goals. Please see attached brochure (Finding the Gift Within) for more information.
In addition, Dr. Sandrow is a trained coach for Cogmed, a working memory training program that has shown excellent results for improving attention, reducing distractibility, and enhancing working memory. Please visit www.cogmed.com for more information.
Please contact David Sandrow, Ph.D., Psychologist, Director of Testing, if you have further questions (DSandrow@miamicounseling.com).