At the Miami Counseling & Resource Center, our dietitians/nutritionists specialize in a “non-diet” or “health at every size” approach using more of an intuitive system of eating. This relies on a person’s internal cues of hunger and fullness rather than some external force outside themselves that is ever changing and not reliable in the long term.
Here are just a few of the topics you might discuss with your registered dietitian/nutritionist in your individual nutrition counseling sessions:
- Make sense of your own weight and diet history, body composition and overall nutritional health.
- Develop and eating pattern that fits your schedule and nutritional needs while optimizing your metabolism.
- Identify, understand and deal with food cravings.
- Address medical problems that are impacted by nutrition and/or weight.
- Reach and/or maintain your healthy body weight without starving or harming yourself.