When nutrition related issues occur, it can affect everyone in the family system. It has been proven that when the whole family is involved and when one individual in that family is not singled out as “the problem”, more effective and long lasting results can occur. Conversely, when there is upheaval/tension or trauma present in the family, members often deal with the stress by turning to food and eating emotionally and/or compulsively.
We invite you to meet with a registered dietitian / nutritionist, at the Miami Counseling & Resource Center, specializing in the treatment of weight related issues such as obesity, compulsive overeating and disordered eating. Individual nutrition sessions provide a nurturing environment where you can develop a normalized pattern of eating.
Here are just a few of the topics you might discuss with your registered dietitian/nutritionist in your individual nutrition counseling sessions:
- Make sense of your own weight and diet history, body composition and overall nutritional health
- Develop an eating pattern that fits your schedule and nutritional needs while helping your body to deal with life’s stressors.
- Identify, understand and deal with food cravings.
- Address medical problems that are impacted by nutrition and/or weight
- Reach and/or maintain your healthy body weight without starving or harming yourself.