Miami Counseling and Resource Center is proud to introduce:
Sandra Beggs, MA, BC-DMT, Prov. LMHC
- A Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist.
- A Provisional Licensed Mental Health. Counselor.
- An EMDR practitioner.
Sandra’s therapeutic integration of the expressive arts of dance/movement, art, music, play, and writing in her practice positions her uniquely to assist clients:
- who have difficulty expressing themselves.
- who feel “stuck” in making progress toward their goals.
- who find it hard to relate to a therapist through a primarily verbal approach.
As a licensed clinical psychologist in Canada, Sandra brings many years of experience in weaving the therapeutic use of the expressive arts into a traditional verbal psychotherapy practice.
Her approach is helpful for adults, teens, children, parent-child, couples, and family therapy.
Sandra integrates Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) in her work with clients seeking to address issues of trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, eating disorders and substance abuse. As a practitioner of EMDR since 2001, Sandra has seen tremendous results using this technique. In October of 2014, Sandra will begin to incorporate the Feeling-State Addiction Protocol (Miller, 2012) into her practice with clients dealing with addictions and eating disorders.
Sandra’s areas of expertise include:
- depression, anxiety.
- loss and bereavement.
- trauma, PTSD, sexual and physical abuse.
- DV and children exposed to DV.
- eating disorders.
- sensory integration disorders.
Information about EMDR: www.emdria.org
Information about Dance/Movement Therapy:www.adta.org
Please feel free to call us at 305-448-8325 (extension #7) for additional information or to make a referral. To contact Sandra directly press extension #129.